I want to make a comic about a murdere who get’s denied to murder by one of his victims partner so that he would go insane. You would actually feel sympathy for the murdere. But then again I have a feeling that has been done before…….
NO.54 is putting on a digital Illustration showcase for our third issue. We are now accepting submissions!
Do you want to display your work alongside your fellow illustrators?
Do you have a piece you’re really proud of that you want to share?
Submitt a 300 dpi .JPEG .PNG .PDF OR .TIFF TO THE…
Grab your chance and submit your piece! I am really wondering why this hasn’t got more notes..?!
Reblog if you’re bored and want random anons.
Yes ask me! Don’t have to be anon…
Need to touch up color and/or redraw some stuff digitally…..meh
for the LGAL Anymistics show.
Not done yet but maybe yes?
all done in acryl FUCK
If you are interested in a print or the orginial artwork of my BUDGY KING you can buy it here:
and a small reminder, a part of the money will go to some animal shelter etc. So by buying this you will do soemthing good :)
dammit how do you show someone slipping the ladder…..I am lost and can’t find refs
I forgot i had these dammit Bartkira (I need to send them out it was so stressfully that I had forgotten I had them….)
is anyone on dribble? care to invite me so i can post my stuff?
Here are some of my fav pages form my final thesis “The Graveyard Book - The Hounds of Gods”
the most fun part was drawing the ghous and the night gaunts!
dammit i can’t do anything with this….. I should ask the author if i can print it and maybe send it to ADs D: dammit I should’ve overthought it from the beginning hahahah
DAMMIT my fingers hurt like hell after cutting out around 220 glow in the dark sticker! These are for the Light Grey Art Lab show STACKS coming in August.
If you like one of the above patterns and want to make it into many awsome stuff go here: http://www.spoonflower.com/profiles/mob
I made some cherry-pit filled pillows last year and send them to a secret santa (Chris Hajny) and their cats loved it look:
I am so going to spend money!
(the watson pattern was an art trade between reapersun and me but i am allowed to sell it whoo)
lordsoul-ibshall asked: You are a grand inspiration, i just love your style! How did you start off promoting yourself as an artist?
Aw, thank you. Ok, I always feel like my replies are too wordy, so have some bullet points:
- Social Media: like it or not, it’s useful. I’m on several websites, some are primary (I try to participate actively most days), some are secondary (I just try to keep them updated, check them periodically). Release your work into the wild.
- E-mails: I wasn’t quite aware in the beginning that you’re supposed to keep sending them even if you don’t get any replies. If you want to work for someone, keep sending them updates (not too often! Every few months, or when relevant). They might reply one day.
- Postcards (or other nice souvenirs): see above. Follow up with an e-mail within a week, max two.
- Research: necessary for 2 and 3. People have to know you exist in order to hire you, but you have to know THEY exist if you’re getting in touch with them.
- Be nice. Really, be generally nice to people, online or offline. You never know who’s going to become a person who hires illustrators. Also, just be nice because.
- Be persistent. Not irresponsible-annoying-inconvenient-persistent. Nice-level-headed-persistent. Although who knows, you wouldn’t believe how many people started on their careers by lying to someone.
- Do quality work. Probably the most important? Keep doing your thing and putting it out there, even if you’re not getting paid work. It should be obvious, but you’d be surprised at how many people don’t quite grasp the concept and think a degree entitles them to a career.
- Be aware that there isn’t one formula. Everything I wrote above is the generic, cookie-cutter points you’ll generally hear, but there are a thousand people who’ll tell you a thousand different things. Forge your own path (frankly, you have no choice).
Ha, quality work……..